qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Hickerson, David A" <david.a.hicker...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: What is the difference in the classes in qpid/client and qpid/messaging in C++?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:53:50 GMT
Is there a replacement for SubscriptionManager and AsyncSession?

-----Original Message-----
From: William Henry [mailto:whenry@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:25 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Cc: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: What is the difference in the classes in qpid/client and qpid/messaging in C++?

On Mar 9, 2011, at 5:34 PM, "Hickerson, David A" <david.a.hickerson@boeing.com> wrote:

> What is the difference between the classes in qpid/client and qpid/messaging in C++?

One, qpid/client, is supporting the older API that doesn't have the new "addressing".  Though
you can have a qpid/client client send/receive messages to a qpid/messaging client, you obviously
can't mix the APIs in the one client. (someone else can describe version numbers etc.)

Use qpid/messaging.

> I have noticed that Connection is in each. For a client application, which is supposed
to be used?

> Some of the examples point to each and the documention seems to be more filled out for
the messaging/ classes.

Yep, use that one.

William

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org