qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: wiki expansion
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:05:44 GMT
Hi David,

> I am thinking that as I am figuring out thing in Qpid that it
> would be useful to document them in the wiki. As a newbie, I
> think that my perspective of the API would be different than
> that of a seasoned Qpid user or developer.

Right, and that's a perspective we really need.

> I am seeing some
> things that are confusing and as I ask the questions and get
> answers, I can put that on the wiki, and anyone else that
> figures something out, too.
>
> What do you think?

Great idea! I think a good way to approach this would be for you to open
JIRAs for significant items you see lacking or improveable
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/qpid). I think a lot of the
improvement will end up going into the API documentation or the
"Programming Qpid" book. Having the changes come through JIRA ensures
that:
1. They get tracked and resolved
2. Any IP issues with your contributions are handled correctly

Thanks!
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org