qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Single exchange with multiple binding keys vs. multiple exchanges with single binding key.
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:06:54 GMT
On 03/30/2011 09:32 AM, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to have a reliable single broker system and I wonder is there
> any dirrerence in performance and reliability between a single exchange
> with multiple binding keys and multiple exchanges with single binding key?
>
> What is more reliable, a single exchange with multiple binding keys or
> multiple exchanges with single binding key if queues are the same?
> What is more performant, a single exchange with multiple binding keys or
> multiple exchanges with single binding key if queues are the same?

I don't think there is any difference in reliability.

I haven't done tests to compare the performance, you should do an experiment to
see. Please post the list with your findings if you do. The type of exchange
(topic, direct) may be relevant. Multiple exchanges may allow greater
concurrency but I'm guessing. Try multiple clients connecting to different
exchanges to see if the concurrency helps.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org