qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: viewing Headers Exchange binding in qpid-config?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:18:57 GMT
On 03/10/2011 06:06 PM, fadams wrote:
> I've been using a Headers Exchange and it has proved very useful for me but
> it's causing a little pain from an administration/auditing perspective.
>
> If I use qpid-config -b queues I can in theory see the queues and the
> bindings, but unfortunately for the headers exchange I can only see the
> binding key not the actual binding in terms of the headers that have been
> used to match the logical subscription.
>
> I'd quite like to be able to tell which clients are pulling which data.
>
> Is there a way to get qpid-config to give this level of detail, or is there
> a way with any other admin tool?

No way with qpid-config as it currently stands I believe (short of a
patch to the code itself[1]). It would be a very reasonable enhancemet
request and is quite simple to implement (displaying large numbers of
arguments in a reasonable way would be the only challenge).

You can get the information via qpid-tool, but its not the most
convenient approach.

[1] e.g. something like attached