qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: wierd error on connect
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:44:16 GMT
On 03/09/2011 07:47 PM, Matt Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a somewhat strange error when trying to do a connect with a
> producer (using the client namespace):
>
> 2011-03-09 13:37:22 error Caught exception in state: 1 with event: 2:
> Operation not permitted (qpid/sys/posix/Socket.cpp:94)
>
> This is only occurring in 1 of the producers we've created (and it's all the
> same qpidd c++ code). The code just hangs in the client connect call and
> never returns, and this appears to happen every time for the client. Any
> ideas/suggestions?

Is that error logged by the client library? by the broker? Were there
any other errors in the logs? Which version are you using and what
platform did this occur on? Are you using heartbeats?

 From the details in the error string the underlying issue occurs while
trying to get the port of the socket (for logging purposes), and that is
happening during an IO layer 'callback'. My guess would be that its
happening while handling a client disconnect for some reason.

If you are able to create a Jira and attach a reproducer that would be
very helpful.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org