qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Question about messaging::Address in the C++ code
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:45:08 GMT
On 03/10/2011 12:29 AM, Hickerson, David A wrote:
> So if messaging::Address.name maps to a queue or topic. Does the messaging::Address.subject
provide further refinement of messages sent to that queue or topic?

Yes. However at present there is no ability in the c++ broker to
selectively receive messages matching a given subject from a queue
(works fine for a topic). Selectors/filters for queues is something we
plan to add however.

There is some more detail on subjects in the page Steve linked to below.