qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Is it possible to have persistent circular queues
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:34:04 GMT
I know that it's possible to have in memory circular queues by setting the
behaviour to "ring" and it's clearly possible to have persistent/durable
queues but is it possible to make a durable queue circular?

Under the hood the persistence layer is clearly a circular buffer, but it
doesn't appear to be possible to set it up such that newest data actually
overwrites oldest.

This would be pretty useful from my perspective as I'd like a queue larger
than my available memory, but I'd also like to silently dump the oldest
stuff without throwing an exception back to the producer.

Is this possible?

Any neat workarounds?

Is this a feature that others are interested in so likely to be in the
pipeline?