qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru
Subject Re: QPID Reliability
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:30:35 GMT
Jonathan, thanks for help.

Those are queues, not exchanges.
There are a lot of queues like that
_@amq.failover_54cb1666-c325-472b-9b83-1bececd2f0a8 when I'm executing
qpid-stat -q.
It seems that they are created automatically?

When client starts for the first time there are no  such queues. They are
created automatically when broker's journal overflow happens. When the
journal is back to normal I can still see thouse queues.

Best Regards,
Sergey

Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@redhat.com>
03.02.2011 16:19
Please respond to
users@qpid.apache.org

users@qpid.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: QPID Reliability

On 02/03/2011 04:14 AM, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:

> Start qpid (currently I have one node of qpid configured to work in a
> cluster)

> When I execute qpid-config -q I have a lot of queues with names like
that
> _@amq.failover_54cb1666-c325-472b-9b83-1bececd2f0a8
>
> What is the meaning of those queues? Are they required and how to get
rid
> of them?

You don't want to get rid of them. The failover exchange allows each
broker to know about other brokers in the cluster, which is important
for client failover.

See this:

http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch02s14.html

Jonathan