qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru
Subject Re: QPID Clustering
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:58:49 GMT
Hi Alan, thanks for support

>> I'm not familiar with stonish.
Sorry for mistyping, I have meant stonith.

So, does it make sense to use cman instead of corosync in case of two-node
cluster? Are there any benefits in using cman?

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky
Information Technology Division
Troika Dialog, 4, Romanov lane, Moscow 125009, Russia
Phone. +7 495 2580500 ext. 1246

Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com>
28.02.2011 17:59
Please respond to

Re: QPID Clustering

On 02/28/2011 06:49 AM, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm using MRG 1.3 and I have the following questions regarding qpid
> clustering?
> 1. Is it possible to use quorum, fencing, stonish if I'm using a
> cluster (

> ) and there are only qpid and corosync/openais daemons started?

For quorum & fencing you need to use cman. I'm not familiar with stonish.

> 2. What is the recommended way to start a messaging cluster? Should I
> cman instead of corosync/openais?

Yes, if you want to use quorum/fencing.

> 3. There is information in the qpid documentation that, single qpid
> should work faster than a cluster of brokers? In that case I would like
> setup active-passive cluster. Is it possible? Does active-passive
> perform as fast as single broker?

Take a look at:

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp