qpid-users mailing list archives

From Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: problem with binding in virtualhosts.xml for JAVA broker
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:44:57 GMT
Hi Stepan,

Queues are automatically bound to the direct exchange by default at creation
time, and the JMS destination name will be used to route messages to the
queue using a MessageProducer, and also for consuming from the queue.

For topics, you can filter using the message selector on creation of the
topic subscription using JMS apis - which under the covers means that only
messages matching your selector are delivering into the subscriber's private
queue for consumption.

Hope that sheds some light ?

Only in unusual situations would you want to create the bindings between a
queue and an exchange manually, usually applications wish to consume round
robin from a topic - for example. Let us know if you need to do something
unusual and we'll advise ?

Hth,
Marnie