qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timed out occurs when connecting to Java broker over SSL
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 21:56:02 GMT
On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika@wso2.com> wrote:

> I have configured a sample Java Qpid client talk to Qpid java broker ( 0.9)
> over SSL. I have provided the required keystore/truststore files and the
> required passwords correctly. When the client tries to connect to the
> broker
> it receives the following timed out error. I try increasing the time out (
> by increasing the a value to the system property qpid.ssl_timeout) of the
> SSLSender but that didn't help. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am
> looking into the javax.net.debug logs right now, if you  think that'll help
> I can post them as well.
> Is there any other kind of logging that I can enable to get more
> information
> ?

Have you got the SSL certificates setup properly ?
You could try the following tutorial to see if you got the certificates
setup properly.
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/2010/03/01/apache-qpid-securing-connections-with-ssl/

Unfortunately the tutorial uses the c++ broker as the server.
I haven't really tried the Java broker, so not sure if there are
differences, but it's worth a try to figure out if your certificates are in
order.

> BTW, I also notice that the keystore file and the keystore password given
> through the connection url actually transmitted into the truststore
> file+password combination, so I had to pass keystore file and the password
> as system properties.

I will fix this issue.

--
Regards,