qpid-users mailing list archives

From Angel Freire <cue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event. (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY) (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:47:18 GMT
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Kim van der Riet <kim.vdriet@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 16:26 -0300, Angel Freire wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm getting the following error in my client applications:
>>
>> connection-forced: Queue charges_async_response: loadContent() failed:
>> jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw
>> JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event.
>> (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY)
>> (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)
>
> This looks like a possible bug, and it may be linked to some of the
> parameters you are using - you are using huge journal files and a tiny
> write cache. This looks a little as though the flow-to-disk is
> attempting to recover a record that has not been written or is pointing
> to an empty file.
>
> Do you have a (reasonably simple) reproducer? I tried to set up a
> similar queue, qpid-config itslef seems to complete without a problem.
> Can you also let us know which OS and which version of qpid you are
> using, and whether you built it yourself from svn or used binary
> packages.
>

>> The queue (charges_async_response) was declared like this:
>>
>> qpid-config add queue charges_async_response --durable --file-count 32
>> --file-size 2048 --max-queue-size 4194304 --limit-policy flow-to-disk
>>
>> And the broker configuration (qpidd.conf) is this:
>>
>> log-to-syslog=yes
>> log-to-stderr=no
>> daemon=yes
>> auth=no
>> worker-threads=64
>> # transport=tcp
>> pid-dir=/var/run/qpidd
>> data-dir=/var/lib/qpidd
>> store-dir=/var/lib/qpidd/store
>> num-jfiles=32
>> jfile-size-pgs=2048
>> wcache-page-size=1
>> tpl-num-jfiles=4
>> tpl-jfile-size-pgs=256
>> tpl-wcache-page-size=1
>> default-queue-limit=0
>> wait=600
>> port=5672
>>
>> Does anyone know about this problem? I've searched the mailing lists
>> and google it and the only results I get it's the svn commits adding
>> it to the source.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Angel
>>
> Thanks,
> Kim

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Kim,

I've build the source from the svn repository using the tags for the
0.6 version in both cases (the broker and the persistent plugin).

The OS is Linux 2.6.34 running Gentoo.

I'll try to make a reproducible version of this bugs and attach what's
needed here.

Thanks,
Angel

--
http://blog.cuerty.com

"If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't
need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and
Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on and the
dedication to go through with it."
- John Carmack

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org