qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajika Kumarasiri <raj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Timed out occurs when connecting to Java broker over SSL
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 04:21:11 GMT
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika@wso2.com> wrote:
>
> > I have configured a sample Java Qpid client talk to Qpid java broker (
> 0.9)
> > over SSL. I have provided the required keystore/truststore files and the
> > required passwords correctly. When the client tries to connect to the
> > broker
> > it receives the following timed out error. I try increasing the time out
> (
> > by increasing the a value to the system property qpid.ssl_timeout) of the
> > SSLSender but that didn't help. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am
> > looking into the javax.net.debug logs right now, if you  think that'll
> help
> > I can post them as well.
> > Is there any other kind of logging that I can enable to get more
> > information
> > ?
> >

> Have you got the SSL certificates setup properly ?
> You could try the following tutorial to see if you got the certificates
> setup properly.
>
> http://rajith.2rlabs.com/2010/03/01/apache-qpid-securing-connections-with-ssl/
>
> Unfortunately the tutorial uses the c++ broker as the server.
> I haven't really tried the Java broker, so not sure if there are
> differences, but it's worth a try to figure out if your certificates are in
> order.

I set up certificates and the key store properly. Initially I used my own
keystore but I ended up with the error. So I generated a sample
keystore/truststore usign the script create-example-ssl-stores.sh and used
them. I enabled the SSL configuration in config.xml providing the keystore
path and the keystore password (password).

My client connection URL looks like below.
amqp://guest:guest@test/?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:8672?ssl='true''

I also went through your article ( thanks for sharing it). I am looking into
the source to see what causes this.

Thanks for your reply.

Rajika