qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID Clustering
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:24:22 GMT
On 02/28/2011 10:58 AM, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:
> Hi Alan, thanks for support
>
>>> I'm not familiar with stonish.
> Sorry for mistyping, I have meant stonith.
>
> So, does it make sense to use cman instead of corosync in case of two-node
> cluster? Are there any benefits in using cman?

CMAN is in addition to corosync, not instead of it.

You need CMAN to handle split-brain network partitions. In a partition, CMAN is
used to determine which partition has quorum, and shuts down the other
partition. If you use qpidd --cluster-cman then qpidd will shut itself down if
it loses quorum. You can also use fencing to shut down the inquorate hosts.

Without cman, a split-brain partition will create two isolated qpid clusters,
which will fail when the partition is removed.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org