qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Sending a message to a custom QPID direct exchange from Python
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:14:46 GMT
On 02/14/2011 04:45 PM, Gregory Bayard wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> I was originally working with 0.6 and the double-quoting was a quick
> attempt to find some problem with my exchange and queue specification.
>   When I updated my addressing string for Qpid 0.8, I still get the
> same result.  The message is picked up by topic listeners listening to
> the masterserver.summary.queue' topic on the 'masterserver.direct'
> exchange.  The string, as you specified, is now:
>
> "masterserver.direct/masterserver.summary.queue; {create: always,
> node: {type:topic, x-declare:{type:direct}}}"

I think you may be missing the "bind" step where your exchange is bound to your
queue. This works for me on trunk, should work on 0.8 also:

#!/bin/env python

from qpid.messaging import *

c = Connection("localhost")
c.open()
s = c.session()
send = s.sender("foo.direct/foo.key; {create:always,node:{type:topic,
x-declare:{type:di\
rect}}}")
recv = s.receiver("foo.queue;{create:always,
node:{x-bindings:[{exchange:'foo.direct',qu\
eue:'foo.queue',key:'foo.key'}]}}")

send.send(Message("hello"))
print recv.fetch()

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org