qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID Reliability
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 19:07:40 GMT
On 02/03/2011 08:30 AM, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:
> Jonathan, thanks for help.
> Those are queues, not exchanges.
> There are a lot of queues like that
> _@amq.failover_54cb1666-c325-472b-9b83-1bececd2f0a8 when I'm executing
> qpid-stat -q.
> It seems that they are created automatically?
> When client starts for the first time there are no  such queues. They are
> created automatically when broker's journal overflow happens. When the
> journal is back to normal I can still see thouse queues.

These queues are created automatically by clients. They are bound to the
amq.failover exchange to receive updates on cluster membership, so that clients
have an up-to-date picture of the brokers they can use for failover. They are
very low-traffic (one message each time a broker joins or leaves the cluster)
and are not stored persistently. They should not have any noticeable impact on
performance of your application.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org