qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim van der Riet <kim.vdr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event. (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY) (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:39:55 GMT
On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 16:26 -0300, Angel Freire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting the following error in my client applications:
>
> connection-forced: Queue charges_async_response: loadContent() failed:
> jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw
> JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event.
> (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY)
> (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)

This looks like a possible bug, and it may be linked to some of the
parameters you are using - you are using huge journal files and a tiny
write cache. This looks a little as though the flow-to-disk is
attempting to recover a record that has not been written or is pointing
to an empty file.

Do you have a (reasonably simple) reproducer? I tried to set up a
similar queue, qpid-config itslef seems to complete without a problem.
Can you also let us know which OS and which version of qpid you are
using, and whether you built it yourself from svn or used binary
packages.

> The queue (charges_async_response) was declared like this:
>
> qpid-config add queue charges_async_response --durable --file-count 32
> --file-size 2048 --max-queue-size 4194304 --limit-policy flow-to-disk
>
> And the broker configuration (qpidd.conf) is this:
>
> log-to-syslog=yes
> log-to-stderr=no
> daemon=yes
> auth=no
> worker-threads=64
> # transport=tcp
> pid-dir=/var/run/qpidd
> data-dir=/var/lib/qpidd
> store-dir=/var/lib/qpidd/store
> num-jfiles=32
> jfile-size-pgs=2048
> wcache-page-size=1
> tpl-num-jfiles=4
> tpl-jfile-size-pgs=256
> tpl-wcache-page-size=1
> default-queue-limit=0
> wait=600
> port=5672
>
> Does anyone know about this problem? I've searched the mailing lists
> and google it and the only results I get it's the svn commits adding
> it to the source.
>
> Thanks,
> Angel

Thanks,