qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru
Subject Differences between AMQP 0.10 and AMQP 1.0
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 06:57:51 GMT
Hi there,

I'm using qpid 0.6 and AMQP 0.10. Not so far ago we decided to migrate to
the latest version of qpid, which currently is 0.8.
I have looked through the AMQP 1.0 specification and discovered that it's
completely different from the previous one.
I wonder what is the analog of the exchanges and queues in the new version
of specification?

In the AMQP 0.10 I was able to create a direct exchange and multiple
bindings between it and queues. So a single message can be send to that
exchange and it will be delivered to all the bound queues. Moreover I was
able to use the same binding key to bind multiple queues to a direct
exchange.

How to emulate such a behavior by means of the address string grammar as
described here
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.8/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch02s04.html#section-address-string-bnf
, without any specific definitions from the previous version of the
specification (I mean without exchanges, queues, binding and routing
keys)?

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky