qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru
Subject Re: OSGi version for Java?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:48:07 GMT
Pete, if you need only client to be OSGi-fied take a look here

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.qpid/0.8.0_1/

The following feature for the Apache Karaf should work just fine (please
let me know if not):

<feature name="qpid-client" version="0.8">
    <bundle>
mvn:edu.emory.mathcs.backport/com.springsource.edu.emory.mathcs.backport/2.2.0
</bundle>
    <bundle>
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.mina/1.1.7_4
</bundle>
    <bundle>
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.qpid/0.8.0_1
</bundle>
</feature>

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky

Pete Carapetyan <pete@datafundamentals.com>
Sent by: pete.carapetyan@gmail.com
28.01.2011 05:12
Please respond to
users@qpid.apache.org

users@qpid.apache.org
cc

Subject
OSGi version for Java?

I'm using qpid broker and client in an OSGi application.

Few questions regarding this issue:

Is there any demand for qpid in an OSGi version other than my own needs?
Has anyone else worked on such an issue?
If I worked on this are there any bundles which should be optional? How
would one discern them?
Is there a release coming soon that I should wait for before doing a stale
release and having to redo it?

It is odd that none of the jars included with either the client or broker
appear to be OSGi bundles, but the lib directory of the broker includes
the
felix OSGi framework?

Most but not all of the external jars found in the broker are already
available in OSGi ready releases, so the effort required to accomplish
this
work would be limited.