qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: qpid to oracle , is it possible ?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 23:35:25 GMT
Hi,

>          i am new to this area and i created the persistence
> message store
> with the journal files using c   and the entire thing worked
> perfectly. But
> now i want to implemented qpid with oracle database ( or
> some-other DB ).

I assume you are using the C++ broker on Linux?

Just curious, why you want to use Oracle instead?

> Is it possible ? or
> Is it possible using some other database ? or
> ( if a persistence message is en-queued , will it
> automatically go into the database like in a journal file and
>  if de-queued with acknowledge , will it be removed from the
> database  )
>
> if a database is possible and so, How should i start the
> thing and what way should i implement ?

Anything is possible - it's a significant amount of work. You can
implement a plugin that offers the needed interface to the broker. Check
the code from the persistence store you are using, or the code for the
Windows SQL store that's in the C++ distribution. The SQL store is using
all database (no journal) so it may be easier to navigate from there to
where you need to get with Oracle.

Good luck,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org