qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Journal with LVQ
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 17:33:41 GMT
On 01/11/2011 04:30 PM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> I'm publishing messages to a durable LVQ, when I run the publisher for
> the first time the journal stays almost full, then I send the exact same
> messages, expecting the old ones to be replaced, but after some time the
> connection is closed with "Enqueue capacity threshold exceeded on
> queue". With qpid-tool I can see that msgDepth and byteDepth are exactly
> the same before and after the second run. Is this the expected behavior?

Depends on what you mean by 'expected' :-)

It is certainly the case that the linux journal will reach capacity with
different queue depths, depending on exact sequences of changes. i.e.
the capacity is not simply a function of the final state, but also of
the path to get there. In the second case there would be additional
dequeue records and the file boundaries might not align the same way
etc, so the journal space can be used up for fewer enqueued messages.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org