qpid-users mailing list archives

From Barys_Ilyusho...@troika.ru
Subject Re: error Could not accept socket: Too many open files
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:34:51 GMT
Thank you for the good explanation.
How is it possible to research the issue with ulimits? How can I
determine, why my system use more than 1024 open file descritors/sockets?
I know the queue count, and I suppose I can monitor (with qpid-stat) the
connections to the broker. In general I use about 20 queues and 20
connections.

Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com>
02.12.2010 01:35
Please respond to
users@qpid.apache.org

users@qpid.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: error Could not accept socket: Too many open files

On 12/01/2010 05:41 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> On 12/01/2010 08:01 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 12/01/2010 12:57 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
>>> I agree that bumping the nofile limit should get around the error.
But,
>>> first consider if you expected that you'd need over 1000 sockets open.
>>> If you expected you'd be using far fewer than that, then looking for
>>> that problem is more important.
>>
>> Note that if you are using the AIO based persistent store for linux
>> then you will also unfortunately use up a minimum of 4 filehandles per
>> durable queue.
>

> that per say is not an issue, you just need to set your ulimits.

Indeed; I'm just explaining that expectations around the number of open
sockets is not the only question when considering why the limit was
reached.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp