qpid-users mailing list archives

From Barys_Ilyusho...@troika.ru
Subject Re: Confirm Broker received message from Producer? (Java client and broker)
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:12:01 GMT
Greetings

Be careful with transactions. It brings you to drop the performance down
up to 300 times!
I have posted my performance test results and code some weeks ago.

Regards,
Boris

Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com>
15.12.2010 09:55
Please respond to
users@qpid.apache.org

users@qpid.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Confirm Broker received message from Producer? (Java client and
broker)

Hi Bill,

Transactions are the way to go here, for the simplest solution.

The transaction will return on the send() once the message has been
received
and processed (i.e. persisted etc ) on the broker.

The JMS API exposes the Connection.createSession (transacted,
acknowledeMode) method - set transacted to true on the MessageProducer's
session.

Regards,
Marnie

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM, William Drozd <wdrozd@i-a-i.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For the Java client and Java Broker:
>
> When a producer sends a message to a Broker, is there any way to confirm
> that the Broker received the message in the Producer? Ideally, I am
looking
> for some type of ACK call-back after the Broker receives the Producer's
> message.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

> This message and all attachments are PRIVATE, and contain information
that
> is PROPRIETARY to Intelligent Automation, Inc. You are not authorized to
> transmit or otherwise disclose this message or any attachments to any
> third party whatsoever without the express written consent of
Intelligent
> Automation, Inc. If you received this message in error or you are not
> willing to view this message or any attachments on a confidential basis,
> please immediately delete this email and any attachments and notify
> Intelligent Automation, Inc.

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp