qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Qin, Dennis" <Dennis....@thalesesec.com>
Subject qpid C++ memory leak
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 22:39:16 GMT
Hi All,

I have downloaded the Linux version of qpid C++ broker 0.8 on my Linux appliance. I ran some
stress tests on this broker server and found memory leaks. Here is the simple test I did.

1.       Launch the C++ broker using the following CLI,

./src/qpid --daemon

2.       Launch the server program under the examples/request-response directory,

3.       Create a shell script to send client messages constantly to the server under the
examples/request-response directory , here is my script,

#!/bin/bash

while true

do

   ./client

done

and launch this script

4.       Check the C++ broker memory usage using ps auxf and pmap.

It shows memory usage constantly increasing as the script running to send the message.

Looks to me there are somewhere inside the broker code that keeps allocating the memory and
not releasing it.

Any idea if this issue has already been reported and will be fixed in the next release?

5.       Here is my appliance Linux version,

              2.6.18-92.1.6.el5PAE #1 SMP Wed Jun 25 14:21:46 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks.

Regards,

Dennis Qin