qpid-users mailing list archives

From Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Confirm Broker received message from Producer? (Java client and broker)
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:07:17 GMT
So if the transaction commit fails you'll get a JMSException thrown back to
the client. The producing application can then choose to attempt rollback
and/or retry the send. (Obviously, limited retry is a good idea to avoid
thrashing).

More likely htough is that the failure will cause the Producer's connection
to be dropped - since any condition causing transactions to fail most likely
to be considered fatal. Timeout is the most common cause of a commit
failure, and would usually reflect system load or network issues.

In the Qpid client example packages, there are various publisher classes in
the publisher package with examples of handling exceptions on commit for a
transacted send.

hth,
Marnie