qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cliff Jansen <cliffjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QPid .net C# client problem
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 17:13:51 GMT
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Adam Kaminiecki <adamka@dgt.com.pl> wrote:
> What a waste :/  can u tell what I need to download to use
>
>   - The .NET Binding for the C++ Messaging Client
>
> because I dont understant it clearly what I have to do to use it i C#
>

> Regards,
> Adam

Here is a recent posting on the subject (to a different "Adam")

Re: different versions of .NET clients

Chuck Rolke
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:29:19 -0800

Adam,

The .NET Binding is hidden away in the /cpp directory.

Here's a way to build it:

1. Fetch the qpid-0.8.tar.gz (57M) to your system. Say, to D:\qpid

2. Unzip, untar (7zip works great) to D:\qpid. You now have
   D:\qpid\qpid-0.8\cpp\...

3. Run powershell script
   D:\qpid\qpid-0.8\cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet\configure-windows.ps1

4. This script asks you to identify
   a. The directory that holds 32-bit boost. Navigate to it, single click it,
and click OK.
   b. The new, out-of-source directory in which to run CMake.
      This is the QPID_BUILD_ROOT folder for 32-bit builds.
      Select the parent directory for it (the default 'qpid-0.8' is fine)
      Press 'Make New Folder'
      Type in 'x86' and press OK
   c. Run CMake in the folder you created? Press Yes.

   d. The questions repeat for a 64-bit build. To skip 64-bit builds, press
Cancel.
      For now just press Cancel.

   CMake runs to populate your QPID_BUILD_ROOT with generated sources and
project files

5. Navigate to your QPID_BUILD_ROOT D:\qpid\qpid-0.8\x86

6. Build the qpid-cpp.sln solution. For now, just build Debug, Win32.
   This is a 'regular cpp build'.
   This step produces all the "cpp libraries" that the .NET binding will need.

7. In QPID_BUILD_ROOT execute the procedure
start-devenv-messaging-x86-32bit.bat.
   This step launches the .NET Binding solution with QPID_BUILD_ROOT and with
BOOST_ROOT
   set appropriately.

8. In the solution, select Configuration Debug, Platform x86. Build the
solution.

After building the .NET Binding solution you will have the binding proper and a
dozen or so
examples like client-server, drain-spout, sender-receiver, and helloworld ready
to run.

This setup allows you to develop 32-bit and 64-bit .NET Binding code without
having to adjust
your environment to find the right version of Boost. The procedure assigns the
*_ROOT values
and then launchs Visual Studio so you always have the correct QPID_BUILD_ROOT
and the
correct Boost in your path.

Thanks Steve and Cliff for clarifying the WCF and DOTNET status.

-Chuck

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org