qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: MessageProperties - UserId
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:01:06 GMT
On 12/10/2010 08:42 AM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to identify messages by user, but I need to customize the ID. Can
> I use UserId field of MessageProperties class or is this automatically
> set by the system?
>
> Thank you,
> Bruno Matos

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

You can set the userId in the message, but if you use a different ID
than was used to authenticate the connection, the broker will reject the
message.

This mechanism allows message receivers to trust the userId field
because it has been authenticated and vouched-for by the broker.

If you need to use it for a different purpose, you might consider adding
a new field to MessageProperties.application_headers.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org