qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: JMS Dyname Ring Queues
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:21:52 GMT
On 12/08/2010 07:42 PM, Elizabeth Griffith wrote:
> The new syntax string is
> DynamicQueueName; { create: receiver,
>                                        node:
>                                        { type: queue,
>                                          durable: false,
>                                          x-declare:
>                                          { auto-delete: true,
>                                            exclusive: true,
>                                            arguments:
>                                            { 'qpid.max_count': 100,
>                                              'qpid.policy_type': ring }
>                                          },
>                                          x-bindings:
>                                          [ { exchange: ExchangeName,
>                                              queue: 'DynamicQueueName',
>                                              key: RoutingKey } ]
>                                        }
>                                     }

There does indeed appear to be a bug in the implementation of the new
addressing in the JMS client. Temporary (i.e. auto-delete) queues are
not recreated on failover, so the re-subscription attempt fails[1].

Unfortunately it appears not to support client side delete policies
either[2].

The only workaround I can think of using the new addressing is to use a
durable subscription. However that would make the queue durable which
probably isn't desirable.

I'd stick with the old address sytnax in this case. You can do that on a
case by case basis by prefixing the old address with 'BURL:' I believe.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2975
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2976

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org