qpid-users mailing list archives

From William Drozd <wdr...@i-a-i.com>
Subject Re: Confirm Broker received message from Producer? (Java client and broker)
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:44:16 GMT

Thanks Marnie!,

I appreciate the help. I have a follow-up question though, if the Transaction fails what happens
from the Publisher's perspective?

Thanks again,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Marnie McCormack [mailto:marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:26 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Confirm Broker received message from Producer? (Java client and broker)

Hi Bill,

Transactions are the way to go here, for the simplest solution.

The transaction will return on the send() once the message has been received
and processed (i.e. persisted etc ) on the broker.

The JMS API exposes the Connection.createSession (transacted,
acknowledeMode) method - set transacted to true on the MessageProducer's
session.

Regards,
Marnie