qpid-users mailing list archives

From David Hawthorne <dha...@3crowd.com>
Subject Re: Examples on this page are all broken
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:34:28 GMT
The .6 and .7 pages are the same, and I'm compiling against .6

On Nov 18, 2010, at 4:53 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:

> On 11/18/2010 12:33 AM, David Hawthorne wrote:
>> http://qpid.apache.org/apis/0.7/cpp/html/index.html
>>
>> Looking through the headers, these can't work.  Even just trying to compile the first
example to bootstrap things fails miserably:

>> g++ -c -g -O2 -Wall test.cpp
>> test.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
>> test.cpp:13: error: no matching function for call to 'qpid::messaging::Connection::Connection(std::string&)'
>> test.cpp:15: error: no matching function for call to 'qpid::messaging::Connection::open()'
>> test.cpp:16: error: 'class qpid::messaging::Connection' has no member named 'createSession'
>>
>> Can someone please update this document with working example code, please?  Pretty
please?  It would be very, very useful to have working non-OO examples.

> What version are you compiling against? The '0.7' release refers to the latest on trunk.
If you are using e.g. the 0.6 release then the reference docs included in that release should
be used instead of the above.