qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS Temporary Queue delete() doesn't
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 15:11:33 GMT
On 1 November 2010 14:53, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robbie,
>
> Thanks Robbie for your reply.
>
> In this scenario, Qpid creates unnecessary replyTo queues when we send
> messages to a particular queue. I simply want to delete those queues since
> this will be an issue with resource consumption.
>
> Robbie, can you please point me to the location where we create temp queues
> by assuming a IN/OUT message has come to Qpid.

Are you using the new addressing syntax? If so this behaviour may be
related to your address strings, however I have little experience with
the new addressing so I cant really help there.

Rajith?

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Lahiru,
>>
>> Currently I believe the temporary queues are only deleted when the
>> connection closes, although it mgiht be when the Session closes when
>> using the 0-10 protocol, which 0.6 does by default. You should be able
>> to easily test when they get deleted by using a test program which
>> closes the Session and/or Connection and then sleeps before
>> completing, and monitoring when the queue dissapears using management.
>>
>> TimeToLive can be set either on a MessageProducer or on the individual
>> Message objects before they are sent, there is currently no way to
>> assign it on the broker as far as I know.
>>
> I want to set a TTL value for a Queue not to a message actually ? Is that
> possible to define a TTL value for all the temporary queues ?

You mean a time after which the queue itself should be deleted? No,
there is currently no such capability in the client or the broker (and
im not sure how much sense there would be in doing so).

Expected behaviour is for TemporaryQueue's (created by
session.createTemporaryQueue() ) to be deleted by the broker when the
connection which created them goes away. If there are unnamed
'temporary' queues being created by means other than
createTemporaryQueue() (again, new addressing syntax perhaps ?) then I
guess its possible there is a defect with their deletion when
connections are closed.

If you could give more specific details (perhaps code samples?) of
what you are doing then perhaps someone can help.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org