qpid-users mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS Temporary Queue delete() doesn't
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 14:53:03 GMT
Hi Robbie,

Thanks Robbie for your reply.

In this scenario, Qpid creates unnecessary replyTo queues when we send
messages to a particular queue. I simply want to delete those queues since
this will be an issue with resource consumption.

Robbie, can you please point me to the location where we create temp queues
by assuming a IN/OUT message has come to Qpid.
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> Currently I believe the temporary queues are only deleted when the
> connection closes, although it mgiht be when the Session closes when
> using the 0-10 protocol, which 0.6 does by default. You should be able
> to easily test when they get deleted by using a test program which
> closes the Session and/or Connection and then sleeps before
> completing, and monitoring when the queue dissapears using management.
>
> TimeToLive can be set either on a MessageProducer or on the individual
> Message objects before they are sent, there is currently no way to
> assign it on the broker as far as I know.

I want to set a TTL value for a Queue not to a message actually ? Is that
possible to define a TTL value for all the temporary queues ?

Thanks
Lahiru