qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Publish-Subscribe queue question
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 14:08:08 GMT
On 10/31/2010 09:40 PM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:

> Let me confirm one thing. Old C++ API doesn't have Topic class to implement
> pub-sub pattern. New C++ API have implement this patter. Do I understand
> correctly?

Hi Zhao - Both APIs support both patterns. It's simpler in the new API.

Is there a reason you can't use the new API? The new API is better
documented on the Apache site, and it's the API we're using going forward.

Red Hat contributed a tutorial on the old API, but it required work to
make it generic for the Apache site, and it doesn't make sense to do
that work now, since we're moving forward on the basis of the new API. I
can send you a copy if you want it, but I really encourage you to move
to the new API and use Programming in Apache Qpid instead.

You can find Programming in Apache Qpid here:

http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.7/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch02.html

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org