qpid-users mailing list archives

From Wolgemuth Greg <woo...@eseri.com>
Subject Mapping address strings to exchanges and queues
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 03:35:16 GMT
I'm having some trouble working with address strings in the qpid
messaging API. I've been working through the examples in the 0.7
programming guide and the documentation, but keep coming up short with
'spout' and 'drain'. Here's what I'm trying to do:

#1 Create a direct exchange (call it x)
#2 Send a message to x with a routing key (call it r)
#3 Make a queue (call it q) that binds to x, bound on key r
#4 Receive the message sent to x

Here's what I'm doing to make it happen:

spout -b f.q.d.n "x/r ; { create: always, node: {type: topic, x-declare: {exchange: x, type:
direct, routing-key: r}}}"
drain -b f.q.d.n "q ; { create: always, node: {type: queue, x-bindings: [{exchange: x, queue:
q, key: r}]}}"

The result is that drain receives no message.

The permutations have only gone downhill from there, indulging in
whatever combinations of x-bindings and x-declare strike my fancy, and
none have worked. Could someone provide me with some functional address
string examples I could work from?

Thanks,

Greg

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org