qpid-users mailing list archives

From Wolgemuth Greg <woo...@eseri.com>
Subject Permissible characters in exchange names?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:32:31 GMT
Just encountered an incongruity when working with the QPID messaging API
in Python. Using the C++ example "drain" program, I can easily declare
an exchange with an address string like so:

"my.exchange/subject ; { create: always, node: {type: topic, x-declare: {exchange: my.exchange,
type: direct}}}"

When I try the same thing with the Python API, I get an error message
from the parser claiming it expected a comma or right-bracket - claiming
the "." in "my.exchange" as the problematic character.

When I looked at the AMQP 0-10 specification, it seemed to state that an
exchange name could be "any combination of digits, letters and
underscores" Which is, of course violated by exchanges like "amq.topic"
but I suppose that's ignored because there's no command message required
to generate those, so it's not against the rules.

Am I correct in assuming that there's a bug in the C++ implementation
(which is too permissive and allows forbidden characters), and change my
exchange names to match the "[A-Za-z0-9_]+" regex?

Greg

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org