qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chris Sears <cse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stability of 0.7.946106 packages
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:26:35 GMT
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> Red Hat snapshots or selects a svn, and provides a stable release
> for MRG independent of the Qpid release process. sometimes it may
> be line up, other times not.
>
> The MRG release also carries a patch set ontop of 0.7.946106 while
> maintaining
> ABI. Thus MRG is 0.7.946106 + a patch set, so to assume 0.7.946106
> on it's own is entirely stable would be a leap.

That does help. Thanks.

So if I went with one of these 0.7.946106 packages from Red Hat or
Fedora and ran into a bug, I might get an update from Red Hat or
Fedora, but the Qpid response would be to fix it in trunk, since 0.7
is a development release.

Whereas if I wait for 0.8 to be released, I could expect Qpid to
release minor updates to fix serious bugs.

Do I have that right? Sorry if this is obvious. I'm still working out
how the release process works between all the parties involved.

Thanks again,

 - Chris

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org