qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Stability of 0.7.946106 packages
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:23:45 GMT
Hi Chris,

I'll add my 2 cents here, but I'm sure Carl will have more to add as
well.

The Qpid response is correct; I'll let Carl et al respond from Red Hat's
perspective.

> Whereas if I wait for 0.8 to be released, I could expect Qpid
> to release minor updates to fix serious bugs.

No, this isn't the way it works at this point.

> Do I have that right? Sorry if this is obvious. I'm still
> working out how the release process works between all the
> parties involved.

The Qpid project does releases periodically (e.g. 0.6, 0.8). There's no
commitment on the project's part to release fixes any time before the
next release. Fixes do show up on the svn trunk of course, but there's
generally no 0.6.1, etc. released by the Qpid project.

Downstream vendors (such as Red Hat) can provide services under
agreements between vendor and customer to integrate fixes and deliver
them outside the normal qpid release process.

I'm looking at adding this type of service as well, and would be happy
to discuss your needs (as well as anyone else's) here or privately.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org