qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Publish-Subscribe queue question
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:45:58 GMT
On 10/29/2010 01:59 AM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:
> The C++ pub-sub example doesn't use Topic. It uses different queues for
> different subscribers. How can I use Topic in C++ client side (qpid::client
> namespace)?

In AMQP (pre 1.0), 'topics' i.e. the publish-subscribe pattern, is
implemented as an exchange where each subscriber binds their own private
subscription queue. Any message sent to the exchange will then be
received by all interested subscribers.

The JMS topic concept is implemented in this way by the client library.
The old c++ API exposed AMQP 0-10 directly, leaving the user to
implement these sorts of patterns themselves directly. The new c++ API
operates at a higher level of abstraction and thus can encapsulate and
automate some of this work for you.

Does that make sense?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org