qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Session question
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:06:52 GMT
On 10/27/2010 08:10 AM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to know how session handle communications. There are two cases. One is
> that I declared and subscribed two queues on one session. The other is that
> I declared and subscribed two queues on two sessions separately. What is the
> different between them? Will they have different behaviors when receiving
> messages?

Thread concurrency happens at the session level. however if they are on the
same connection in both cases I'm not sure there will be much difference in
concurrency as the two sessions will get interleaved on the connection

Gordon would know for sure.

Using multiple sessions on the same connection is mainly for management of
lifecycle of subscriptions etc.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org