qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: memory leak
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:17:24 GMT
On 10/20/2010 02:55 PM, David Hawthorne wrote:
> We experienced a memory leak in qpidd that resulted in the daemon crashing.  Memory utilization
grew over a roughly 24-hour period before it finally reached the 32-bit 2G limit.  Utilization
is fairly light, it only does a few hundred messages a minute.  Messages are very small, under
100 bytes (payload + routing key) each.  All messages are done on topic queues on 3 exchanges.
 No XML or anything fancy, just a very simple pub-sub with no message persistence.

> Error messages in the logs show std::bad_alloc being thrown for allocations of sizes
320 (shows up once at the beginning of the error messages) and 501 (shows up several times
thereafter until the crash).

> Unfortunately, I don't have any other data to give, but here's a graph showing the allocation
behavior:

Can you create a JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira to track this issue.
Please include:
- steps to reproduce the issue, ideally with code or if you can reproduce it
with standard test clients like qpid-send/qpid-receive.
- version of qpid: if it's a trunk build then the SVN revision number.
- anything else that might be useful (your graph wasn't attached to the email)

Assign it to me for now, I'll make sure someone gets to it - any  volunteers?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org