qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: queue memory release
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 21:11:46 GMT

The memory is released immediately, however don't be fooled by Linux, it
will
only do the mem consolidate when it needs to, so the process will 'look'
bloated
even though it is not.

It is more efficiently for the OS to only return the mem when required
to do so.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org