qpid-users mailing list archives

From felixehm <felix....@cern.ch>
Subject Re: Qpid messaging design
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:42:53 GMT

Rajith Attapattu wrote:

> I would start using the new messaging API here.
> Read the following doc to get a good idea.
> http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.7/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/index.html

Yes, already read this. But I don't see any section about asynchronous
reception of messages which is required in our case.

Rajith Attapattu wrote:

> Since you have 10 subscribers you could just have 10 queues, instead
> of 4000 queues.
> Each subscriber can create a queue and then bind it's queue to the 400
> topics.
>
> This is based on the assumption that you don't have to give equal
> priority for each topic, as topics that are more active will likely
> dominate the queues and the less active topics will have it's messages
> being processed few and far apart.
> We've had cases where customers had to treat each subscription equally
> and therefore 4000 queues were needed.
> In that case the subscribers would go in a round robin fashion
> consuming from each of it's 400 queues.

Yes. That's the case. The problem is that I can't find an example how I
should suppose to do this. I've posted our code attempt in the previous
message which didn't work.

Besides : would you recommend using the SubscriptionManager to tweak some
options or does the local queue speed up the reception?

Thanks,
Felix