qpid-users mailing list archives

From wdrozd <wdr...@i-a-i.com>
Subject QPID JMS Architecture?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:08:12 GMT

I don't understand what the relationship between the QPID architecture and
JMS is. I am specifically interested in AMQP messaging. Is it just that the
broker processes JMS message types instead of some other type, and this
broker follows the AMQP specification?

Also, what is the clientid field in the connection used for from an AMQP
perspective? It seems that this is used to "redeliver" messages in JMS. So,
if an AMQP client is disconnected, and some messages get sent to a topic it
is subscribing to, will the Broker send the missed messages to the AMQP
client when it reconnects? Or is the client id used for something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Bill