qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure queue in config.xml file
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:13:49 GMT
The alerting values can be set to default *per queue* values at the
virtualhost level by declaring the values at the
'virtualhosts.virtualhost.<vhost-name>.queues' level of the XML
configuration. So if setting maxQueueDepth to 1 at that level of
configuration, then if *any* queue were to have 2 messages or more on
it alerts would be generated into the log (and via JMX if subscribed
to the particular queue's notifications) at the configured frequency
(which can be set per-virtualhost, and defaults to 30sec I believe).

Further to this, specific alerting threshold values for any queues
created using config.xml can also be declared, at the
'virtualhosts.virtualhost.<vhost-name>.queues.queue.<queue-name>'
level.

There are examples of all such usage in the sample config.xml provided
in the distribution or available from the svn repository.

Robbie