qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Performance: C++ client - Windows VS LInux
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:06:58 GMT
Hi Bruno,

> I'm facing some performance issues with a Windows client. I
> made some tests and the difference is between 625857
> microseconds/packet in Windows and 30110 microseconds/packet
> in Linux. This is the average of 10.000.000 packets.
>
> The windows libs were compiled from svn tag 0.6, and the
> Linux libs are from Fodera 13's Yum repos.

What version of Qpid did you test with on Fedora?

> Some ideas? There are any precopiled distribution supported
> by the project?

You can get a Qpid 0.6 installable from
http://www.riverace.com/qpid/downloads.htm, but it's 0.6 - probably not
significantly different from what you tested.

If you get profiling info that may help to improve this, please let me
know. I'm also available to help get that information.

Best regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org