qpid-users mailing list archives

From Clive Lilley <cl...@ckjltd.co.uk>
Subject Re: QPID and RESTful services
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:53:21 GMT
  On 24/09/2010 18:05, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
> Hi Clive,
>
> I am not sure about this feature in Qpid.
>
> You can simply use an ESB infront of Qpid and configure ESB to send
> the message to Qpid instance .. so you have to directly talk to the
> proxy in your ESB When you are talking to the ESB instance you can
> invoke as you like (SOAP,REST,JMS any transport).
>
> Lahiru
>
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Clive Lilley <clive@ckjltd.co.uk
> <mailto:clive@ckjltd.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>      Hi,
>
>     Been using QPID for a while and it is performing very well .
>
>     My client has asked me to look at how easy it might be to produce
>     a RESTful interface to QPID, so that data can be sent/received
>     using URL's and the http PUT/GET operations.
>
>     Has anyone tried this before with QPID?
>
>     Clive.

>     Apache Qpid - AMQP Messaging Implementation
>     Project: http://qpid.apache.org
>     Use/Interact: mailto:users-subscribe@qpid.apache.org
>     <mailto:users-subscribe@qpid.apache.org>

Thanks for the information.

I was more thinking of producing an additional module for QPID (much
like the message store ) that when loaded exposed the exchanges and
queues as a RESTful interface and was basically fully integrated into
the QPID broker. I could also then use QMF for the management and
reporting.  The C++ POCO libraries have a good lightweight http/https
daemon that I was thinking of using with an additional layer that just
mapped between the broker internals and the http GET/POST/PUT commands.

The JAVA Broker might be a better starting point but my client is keen
to stick with C++.

Clive.