qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Looking for advice on getting clustering to work
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:16:07 GMT
On 09/24/2010 02:31 PM, Jason Stelzer wrote:
> I'm looking to create a cluster of qpidd servers that are in a
> synchronized state so that I can allow many agents to listen for and
> consume events that are enqueued by another system.
>
> So, to borrow from some concepts that I've used to cluster mysql into
> writer/reader nodes, if I were to create a 2 node cluster I would
> imagine it would work something like this:
>
> Node A would be the enqueue node. System A would send events to Node A
> where they would be enqueued. Essentially, this node is write only.
>
> Node B would be the dequeue node. The clustering would take care of
> the message propagation and all listeners in System B would dequeue
> messages out of the cluster via Node B.
>
> My current problem is that I'm not sure what step I have done
> incorrectly. I'm fairly sure that I've done all I can as far as the
> wiki goes. But, it could be a misconfiguration of a lower level
> service since I am not yet that experienced with the underlying
> corosync/heartbeat software.

Some things I've tripped up on in the past in case any of these help:

* does firewall allow UDP on the desired port?
* is SELinux in use?
* is the bind address correct for the network mask?
(* is multicast enabled?)

The security setup was another one, but you've explicitly ruled that out.

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake<glahiru@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> By clustering what are you going to achieve ? You want to replicate the Qpid
>> state (I mean your message store) among the cluster nodes ? I am actually
>> asking for my clarification because I am trying to find an easier solution
>> for Qpid clustering ?
>>
>> Lahiru
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Jason Stelzer<jason.stelzer@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I'm reaching out for a little help and pointers with regard to
>>> qpid clustering.
>>>
>>> I'm coming into this with nearly zero qpid experience so I will try to
>>> be as complete as possible. I am attempting to set up a qpid cluster
>>> so that we can scale out our qpid clients across multiple qpid
>>> servers. Is it best practice to have a primary enqueue node and
>>> dequeue from the secondary nodes in the cluster?
>>>
>>> My understanding is that replication is geared more for fault
>>> tolerance and disaster recovery, and that clustering is geared towards
>>> supporting large numbers of concurrent activity.
>>>
>>> I am currently working on getting qpid clustering working as described
>>> here:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/starting-a-cluster.html
>>>
>>> I am running qpid v 0.5 on Fedora 12. I have the following rpms installed:
>>> qpidc-0.5.829175-2.fc12.x86_64
>>> qpidd-0.5.829175-2.fc12.x86_64