qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Schlesinger, Philip" <PSchlesin...@mtcsc.com>
Subject Cannot monitor QPID queue over HermesJMS
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 01:59:11 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to monitor QPID 0.6 with HermesJMS 1.13 (as I can't find the qpidmc eclipse plugin
nor, for MC4J, the directory blaze/java/management/mc4j as specified in the online instructions).

I thus fell back to JConsole, where I see:

org.apache.qpid

- VirtualHost.Queue

-- localhost

--- qpidInbound

When I configure HermesJMS, I followed the published wiki instructions listed here: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/hermesjms.html
but using different jars as I noted in my Jira post here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2823
as the instructions referred to jars that didn't come with QPID 0.6.

Here's the rub:

In HermesJMS, I tried adding the queue "qpidInbound" with username / password "guest" / "guest",
but HermesJMS reported it was unable to connect.

I then tried the queue "localhost.qpidInbound" with username / password "guest" / "guest".
 No error thrown this time, but it is NOT accessing the JConsole-listed queue "qpidInbound".
 Instead, it creates a new queue called "localhost.qpidInbound", which shows up as a completely
separate queue in JConsole:

org.apache.qpid

- VirtualHost.Queue

-- localhost

--- qpidInbound <<< this is the queue that I want to manage in HermesJMS

--- localhost.qpidInbound <<<< this is the HermesJMS-generated queue

Help????