qpid-users mailing list archives

From PengXian Sui <suipengx...@hotmail.com>
Subject Help--qpid0.6 client
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:10:16 GMT

From: suipengxian@hotmail.com
To: users@qpid.apache.org; users-help@qpid.apache.org
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:08:00 +0000

Hello,
      I'm your qpid user, current using 0.6 version. I have a situation here which I believe
it's very common:   I set up a few queues in the broker, then I setup listeners listening
to those queues. so the session for the listeners should never time out, otherwize , the listener
will never receive a message from those queues.  For cpp client:
            1.on linux platform, when I create a connection, I used ConnectionSettings class
inastance to specify the heartbeat as 2 or 3, then pass it to the open(), then It seems working
the way I want.
            2.on windows, anyway creates the connection seems keeping the session alive for
ever which is good.
but for .Net C# client, I did not find the similiar functions, and eventually the session
timed out, listeners stopped working.  The only solution seems to add a lostconnection event
handler, in which create the connection , session again.  but still sometimes the listener
totaly died, I guess even you create a connection again in the lostconnection event, the session
times out ealiler than the connection is lost.

      So, what is the solution for the .Net C# client ? if you see anything I did wrong ,
please correct me.

      Also, when I use c++ client, while listener is listening, if the network connection
is cut, then a asertion failed message box came out, how can I prevent that, and how can I
detect the connection is lost ?

      Thank you !

Peter