qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparison with RabbitMQ
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:10:59 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:52 AM, vivek agarwal <koolvivek2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, suppose, if I provide a API for my users to access Qpid, and allow them
> to dequeue data and I send the data back over the network to them. Now
> unless, they acknowledge that they have processed the data, I may receieve
> thousand such requests (or more). I want to keep the data around, but would
> not be able to maintain the track of session object for each such dequeue
> request.

In order to understand your use case better, please help by answering
the following questions.

1. Do these users have their own connection/session or do they share
connections?

2. What is your queue structure? Do you have a queue per user or is it
a shared queue case ?

3. Could you please explain why exactly you are unable to "maintain
the track of session object for each such dequeue
 request." ?

Once I know your requirements and limitations then it's easy to
suggest solutions or alternatives.

Rajith